The Loader Operator is responsible for the safe and professional operation of a Loader to clear snow from parking lots and roadways as part of our Snow Management Crew. This job affords you the opportunity for year-round employment and to develop yourself professionally.
- Proficient operation of Front-end Loaders and/or Tractor equipped with snowblade/bucket attachments
- Operate safely the equipment in snowy/icy conditions while avoiding damage to equipment and property. Drive defensively under harsh weather conditions.
- Knowledge of road construction materials, road construction, processes and industry requirements.
- Operate Loader on public or private roadways, maintaining proper awareness of one’s surroundings.
- Load trucks with snow during Snow Removal Operations.
- Ability to attach different sized/style of attachments (bucket, straight blade, combination plow) to Loader.
- Perform equipment inspections.
- Perform routine cleaning, daily maintenance and safety checks to ensure smooth operation of equipment (fuelling, lubricating equipment).
- Repair any errors, defects or malfunctioning that may come up while operating the machinery. Report to Supervisor in case of any serious damage.
- Record keeping – time sheets, circle checks, work orders, safety records, etc…
- Conduct work in accordance with Ontario Health & Safety requirements.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, to adopt safety as a culture.
- Demonstrated professionalism. Addresses clients’ questions, comments, and concerns or refers clients to the Supervisor as appropriate.
- Participate as a vital team member, and work as part of a team. Contribute towards the success of the organization by exchanging information, assist in problem solving.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required( skid steer, backhoe, etc).
- Be prepared to assist crews with physical tasks when required including shoveling.
- MUST enjoy challenges and have the ability to adapt to the unpredictability of snow & winter conditions.
- Physical ability to handle prolonged sitting, jostling in the cab and getting in and out of equipment – Good eye/hand coordination.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Posses a Valid Class G driving license, experience operating heavy equipment.
- Reliable, punctual, possess a positive attitude, and a team player.
- Ability to work extended hours and have access to a Mobile phone and own transportation.
- Mechanical aptitude: responsible for carrying out pre-trip inspections and topping up fluid, fuel etc.
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Managing assigned tasks efficiently, effectively and under heavy workload/ time constraints.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Specific Skills Required
- Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate.
- Minimum three years experience operating a Loader.
- Preference will be given to those who have winter snow plowing experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Heavy Equipment Operators Certificate.