Our Laborers are the cornerstone of the Winter Maintenance Operations. They are responsible for safely shoveling, sanding and de-icing our client’s walkways, handicap ramps, storage areas, entrances, exits, sidewalks, walkways, areas around property signage and hydrants. As part of our Snow Management Crew they are dedicated to safety above all else. We strive towards a zero slip and fall season. Keeping the general public safe on our client’s properties is paramount.
This job affords you the opportunity for year-round employment within our organization and to develop yourself professionally
- Shovel clients properties after snowfalls, freezing rain, meltdown/freeze up conditions.
- Apply sand and/or salt in designated areas as required to prevent slips and falls.
- Check and fill sand boxes as required.
- Report accidents or property damage to Supervisor and office.
- Perform routine vehicle cleaning, daily maintenance and safety checks to ensure smooth operation of equipment.
- Carrying out pre-trip inspections and topping up fluid, fuel etc.
- Report staff absenteeism and tardiness to Supervisor.
- Adhere to and enforce all organizational polices as documented in Employee Handbook.
- Actively recommend new processes and procedures on behalf of improving the company and its work environment, overall safety, increased productivity and profitability, and enhanced customer service.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, to adopt safety as a culture. Strive towards zero preventable accidents.
- Record keeping – time sheets, snow logs, site reports and safety records. Ability to use snow log software.
- Contribute towards the success of the organization by exchanging information, assist in problem solving.
- Spot additional work, trouble areas.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required( snow blower, skid steer, backhoe, sander, etc).
- MUST enjoy challenges and have the ability to adapt to the unpredictability of snow & winter conditions.
- Physical ability to handle prolonged shoveling. Heavy lifting required – ability to lift 50 Lbs.
- We clean parking lots at night in order to have businesses running by 7am.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Reliable, punctual, possess a positive attitude, and a team player. Must be committed to having assigned properties ready for 7:00 am start of business.
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet tight deadlines. Ability to work quickly.
- Good eye/hand coordination.
- Managing assigned tasks efficiently, effectively and under heavy workload/ time constraints.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Specific Skills Required
- Possess a Valid Class G driving license.
- Must be ready & committed to work on short notice at all times.
- Ability to work extended hours and have access to a mobile phone and own transportation.
- Preference will be given to individuals with Snow Shoveling / Removal experience.
- Enjoy working outdoors.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations